Hello! (ok, this one is done:))
My first post will not be about GSB. It will be about P&G. A small tribute to a company that for me will from now on be a benchmark for everything business-related. I guess it is natural, considering it was my ‘first’ and so far only (significant) real-life business school (by that i mean job:)) So what did I like?
1. Smart People. …well this too. But (by far) I enjoyed the most their sense of humor:) Somehow I managed to work most efficiently and deliver the best projects with the ones I had the best laughs. hmm funny…;)
2. Geneva time. for several reasons: i. this was my first, really international work&life experience and it was SUPER EXCITING (or even more); ii. i got to work on Gillette! iii. it is a paradise for skiers:) iv. i bought my first GTI:) v. …and i started thinking about an MBA (at GSB of course) – but this is a story for a different post:)
3. My bosses. And their bosses. don’t know if i had the best ones, but i learned a lot from them. the most important skill of all: PATIENCE:)...and even though the process was painful at times, i’m really thankful for the end result! GREETINGS:)
4. CSR being an imminent part of P&Gs DNA. I was lucky to experience it first-hand and I’m confident I want to make it a part of my job, whatever next i will do.
5. My ‘quasi-abroad’ assignment in Budapest. ….6 months of ‘commuting’ from Warsaw to Budapest is a great school of discipline. best i had.
1. Processes & systems that suck the lifeblood from even the most energetic and driven people. i know it is important to have a systemized approach & a good structure in place, that will support the business…but i think we had (have) a tendency to overdo it…just FOOD FOR THOUGHT:)
in closing. 7 years of my life that i will store as ‘good memories’ and come back to with sense of nostalgia (in a good way).
all the best to current and future P&Giers!